REDSHIELD® Cavity Barrier
Product Code RED/130/160R
Product Description & Key Features
REDSHIELD is a true one-product cavity barrier which fulfils the fire integrity and insulation requirements of Part B without relying on additional lining materials along with providing the necessary thermal and DPC properties of a cavity closer.
The unique construction allows the product to be adaptable to suit various cavity sizes, helping to maintain a continuous seal to a range of cavity widths especially those that may 'stray' in size.
The construction incorporates a mineral fibre wool insulating core which provides the 30 minutes' integrity and 15 minutes insulation of a cavity barrier as well as providing a solution to cold bridging problems acting as a thermal cavity closer and DPC.
Easily incorporated into a new build or refurbishment situations, for standard and rebated details with no special fixing requirements. Once installed REDSHIELD will last the lifetime of the building.
- True one-product cavity barrier
- Exceeds the mandatory 30 minutes' integrity and 15 minutes' insulation requirement as per Building Regulation Approved Document B
- Acts as a thermal cavity closer, DPC and cavity fire barrier
- Tested at Warringtonfire to BS EN 1366-4:2006+A1:2010 independently of other detail
- Closer sizes available to suit a variety of cavity wall widths
- Easily incorporated into a new build or refurbishment situation
- Products available for standard or rebated reveals
Literature and Technical Info
pdf (184.08 KB)
pdf (184.4 KB)
pdf (865.83 KB)